Article Tools

Hungary: Monetary Easing Policy to be Continued

Published: September 12, 2013; 08:08 · (Vindobona)

Hungary´s National Bank MNB has decided to extend the “lending for growth” program until 2014. In total, the program´s volume comes at € 7.0bn.

Hungary: Monetary Easing Policy to be Continued / Picture: © Vindobona.org


In order to boost Hungary´s economy, MNB´s board of directors resolved to continue the lending program. MNB´s economists have calculated that the country´s GDP could increase by 2.0% until the end of next year. However, retail banks would have to take up the total volume of funds available. About 90% of the lending program would be new loans. The remaining 10% would…

This article includes a total of 130 words.

or Log In

Fast News Search